This is why we can use this root to make delicious chocolate chip cookies. This root is mostly made of healthy carbs known as fructooligosaccharides ( FOS). What is FOS? These are prebiotic fibers that help populate our stomach with good bacteria. Having a healthy gut is just one of the numerous benefits the Yacon root offers.
Ways To Consume Yacon Roots
[caption id="attachment_247339" align="alignnone" width="700"] We can consume Yacon roots in a number of ways:[/caption]
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: As mentioned earlier, Yacon can be used to make mouth-watering, guilt-free chocolate chip cookies. It's a win-win because you get all the health benefits yacon possesses and don't miss out on deliciousness. Later in this article, we will write down a recipe for sumptuous chocolate chip cookies, so stick around.
- Syrup: Yacon syrup is a popular product made from Yacon roots. It comes in two types, A black and thick syrup often made from Yacon solid fibers and high heat, and a light syrup processed from Yacon nectar with no high heat involved.
- Powder: Yacon powder is also a good alternative. Although not many people prefer it, it can still be used for similar purposes.
Benefits Of Yacon Root
Yacon has a variety of benefits. From blood sugar control to gut regulation, this super root offers more than just being a sugar substitute.
Blood Sugar Regulation
According to research done by scientists in Brazil, Yacon root has been proven to reduce sugar levels; how does it do this? Well, our body usually absorbs the harmful simple sugars we get from processed food. FOS, the healthy carbs prevent this. Yacon is also a low GlycoIndex food; hence it lowers the amount of fructose produced in the liver- this, in turn, lowers blood sugar levels.
Yacon Can Help Lower Blood Pressure
Aside from being a good source of healthy carbs, Yacon root is also packed full of potassium. What most people don't know is that potassium is a vasodilator.
What are vasodilators? Vasolidators are substances that open the blood vessels. Opened blood vessels mean blood flows more easily- leading to less strain on the cardiovascular system.
Boost's Immunity & Digestion
Earlier, we talked about how Yacon can help populate our stomach with good-bacteria through prebiotic fibers. This, in turn, helps boost gut immunity and also overall immunity. Here we take the phrase, " A healthy gut is a healthy body" seriously.
So how does a healthy gut guarantee a healthy lifestyle? Well, with a healthy gut, your body is much more likely to absorb nutrients faster and better. A healthy gut also helps regulate brain health, improves mood, and is a bonus to cardiovascular health.
How To Make Gluten & Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Two and a half cups of gluten-free flour
- One and a half cups of coconut oil
- One and a half cups of Yacon Syrup
- Two tablespoons of vanilla extract
- One and a half teaspoon of baking soda
- One and a half teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of guilt-free chocolate chips
- First, Preheat the oven to 350
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Now stir in wet ingredients
- Ensure you thoroughly mix the ingredients
- After doing this, make the batter into 1 inch balls and place it on a baking pan coated with parchment paper
- Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- And voila! You have your guilt-free Yacon chocolate chip cookies.
Yacon root is a popular perennial vegetable that is used as a guilt-free sugar alternative. Asides from this, it contains fructooligosaccharides or health fibers, which aid in digestion and promote a healthy gut. Yacon root can be consumed in a number of ways, including syrup, Yacon chocolate cookies, syrup, and powder.
Above all, The root offers numerous benefits to the human body, including better cardiovascular health, Blood sugar regulation, and an excellent immune system.
If you'd like to get your hands on this product, check out our selection of products on our site. We offer the highest quality products, and our goal is to keep our customers satisfied (We guarantee it 100%)